North Korea’s warning to U.S. throws trump summit into doubt
North Korea abruptly cancelled talks with South Korea and warned the U.S. to “think twice” about the fate of President Donald Trump’s planned meeting with Kim Jong Un next month, tamping down hopes of a breakthrough at the historic summit. North Korea told South Korean authorities just after midnight local time that it was suspending “indefinitely” minister-level talks planned for Wednesday, South Korea’s Unification Ministry said. Kim’s regime cited U.S.-South Korean military drills and “improper acts” by authorities in Seoul in cancelling the meeting, adding: “There is a limit in showing goodwill and offering opportunity. South Korea expressed regret over the cancellation and urged North Korea to resume talks to discuss implementing last month’s peace declaration, Unification Ministry spokesman Baik Tae-hyun told reporters in Seoul.